Silverstone, UK

26 – 28 August 2022

With no less than nine races on the programme, the one even more sensational than the other, Masters supplied a huge part of the excitement in a thrilling Classic at Silverstone.

On its fresh late-August bank holiday date, the event was blessed with glorious late-summer weather, conditions that our competitors relished on their way to close racing from all our six grids!


Masters Endurance Legends
Constable inherits win in the Classic’s first Masters Endurance Legends race

Steve Tandy seemed to have romped to a clear victory in the first of two Masters Endurance Legends races of the Classic weekend at Silverstone but when the dust had settled a time penalty for a yellow-flag infringement cost the Peugeot 90X driver 31 seconds and the win. As a result, the spoils went to Jamie Constable whose Pescarolo 01 had finished in second place.

From the start, the pole-sitting Tandy faced a strong challenge from Timothy De Silva in the Pescarolo 01, the American taking the lead on lap 2 to race out to a six-second lead at the stops. Soon after, though, Harindra De Silva was seen grinding to a halt in the Pesca.

“It was a tricky race”, Tandy commented before he was told that he had lost the win. “I knew Tim would be coming for me, so I let him go, knowing the driver change was coming up.”

Behind Tandy, Jamie Constable came through to claim second on the road in the other Gulf-liveried Pescarolo before he was handed the win, while Michael Lyons overcame an elite-driver pitstop time penalty and an unscheduled stop to grab third and the P2 class win in his Lola-Mazda B12/80. Fourth and fifth were Keith Frieser in the Zytek 09S and Kriton Lendoudis in the second Peugeot 90X, while in sixth overall, Stuart Wiltshire took second in P2 with his Ligier JSP2. Behind Christophe d’Ansembourg’s Lola-Aston Martin DBR1-2, Mike Newton came third in the P2 class with his MG-Lola EX257.

“I’m very happy”, said Constable after having crashed the car in qualifying. “The team built the car back up this morning, I didn’t even know we were going to be in the race!”

“We first drove it on Tuesday!” said Lyons about the car that has only been with the team for 14 weeks. “So the team put in a great effort – all credit to them!”

The P3 class battle came to a dramatic end when Rob Hall’s Ligier JSP3 failed on the final lap, handing the win to the similar Marcus Jewell/Ben Clucas-pedalled machine. Hall was still classified second in class ahead of the Ron Maydon/Craig Davies JSP3. In GTs, Andie Stokoe and David McDonald completed a dominant run in their Ferrari 458 GT3, with Niko Ditting coming in second in his GT1 Aston Martin DBR9 and Colin Sowter taking third in another 458 GT3.

Some thirty prototypes and GTs lined up for the first of two 40-minute Masters Endurance Legends races at the Classic, with Steve Tandy leading away in his Peugeot 90X. Timothy De Silva in the first of the Pescas was next, harried by Michael Lyons in the leading P2 car, who himself was chased by class rival Stuart Wiltshire, but Kriton Lendoudis in the second Peugeot was soon up into fourth. D’Ansembourg had passed Wrigley for fifth, the Lola-Aston DBR1-2 getting in front of the Mazda-engined Lola B07/46. In GTs, Andie Stokoe’s Ferrari 458 GT3 led Angus Fender’s Dodge Viper, with Michael McInerney’s Mosler MT900R in third.

At the front, Tandy wasn’t getting away from De Silva – in fact, the American dove past into Brooklands to take the lead on lap 2. Lyons in the other Mazda-powered P2 car tried to stay with the two P1 cars in front, the young Briton having Lendoudis in fourth well covered. Behind the Greek, d’Ansembourg had taken Wiltshire for fifth overall. Keith Frieser’s P1 Zytek 09S was next, followed by Wrigley’s Lola and Mike Newton MG-Lola EX257. In 11th overall, Rob Hall led the P3 class in his Ligier JSP3, as the Hall & Hall boss held off his employee Andy Willis in the team’s second JSP3 shared with Stephan Joebstl. Meanwhile, among the GTs, McInerney’s race in the Mosler was done, handing third in class to Wayne Marrs in another Dodge Viper.

After four laps, De Silva and Tandy continued to run nose-to-tail, the two having dropped Lyons to the tune of six seconds. The Lola B12/80 had the same amount of ticks in hand on Lendoudis, as he continued to lead the P2 class, while Jamie Constable had come through into fifth place with his Pescarolo-Judd 01, having vaulted d’Ansembourg, Frieser and Wiltshire, the latter now also passed by the Canadian in the ex-Beechdean Mansell Zytek. Behind Mike Newton in ninth, David Brise had recovered his P2 Lola B09/80 from its lowly starting position to be tenth overall ahead of the P3 fight between Hall and Willis. Stokoe continued to lead the GTs, now in 20th overall, with Marrs 20 seconds down in second, as Fender had come in with trouble. Now, Niko Ditting was third in class with the GT1 Aston Martin DBR9.

After 8 laps, De Silva had created a 5.8-second gap to Tandy, with Lyons seven more seconds adrift. Constable was now fourth, at the cost of Lendoudis, but already 33 seconds down on the race leader. Frieser had got on top of d’Ansembourg to gain sixth, while Wiltshire, Brise and Newton, as Mike Wrigley’s Lola B07/46 had dropped away to 29th, after three pitstops in quick succession.

On the cusp of the pitstops, De Silva and Newton were among the first in, soon followed by Constable, Hall and GT leader Stokoe, the latter handing over to David McDonald. On lap 11, Tandy was in too, just as Lyons, Frieser, and Brise switching places with David Purbrick. On the next lap, Lendoudis and d’Ansembourg were the last ones to stop. But dramatically so, Harindra De Silva in the Pescarolo that had led most of the race so far, ground to a halt on lap 13.

As a result, Tandy led Constable by 28 seconds after the stops, but Lyons was coming back fast after his 15-second elite driver penalty, the P2 Lola right on the back of the P1 Pesca. Twenty seconds further back, Frieser was fourth, with Lendoudis and Wiltshire in close company. D’Ansembourg was seventh, ahead of Rob Hall who now consummately led the P3 class. Further back, Ben Clucas in the JSP3 started by Marcus Jewell looked set to usurp Stephan Joebstl for second in class – and it was done automatically when Joebstl spun. McDonald continued to lead the GTs in the all-black Ferrari 458 GT3, with Ditting’s DBR9 11 seconds behind. Colin Sowter had moved into third in another 458 GT3 but was fighting hard with Wayne Marrs in the Viper – but sadly, the Viper was out on lap 16 with a smoking engine.

With five minutes remaining, Tandy’s lead over Constable remained 23 seconds, but Lyons was in trouble, coming in for another stop to drop behind Frieser, with Lendoudis now aiming to prise fourth place away from him too. Just five seconds further down the road, Wiltshire was looking to pounce as well, and that was for the P2 class win. But whatever had plagued Lyons was gone now, and the Lola B12/80 was back up to its usual pace.

At the front, Tandy eased off to win by 11 seconds from Constable, while Lyons pipped Frieser on the final lap to take third overall next to his P2 class win. Lendoudis was fifth ahead of P2’s second-placed man Stuart Wiltshire in the Ligier JSP2, d’Ansembourg, Newton and the Brise/Purbrick Lola. In another twist to this race, Rob Hall’s Ligier JSP3 broke down on the final lap, handing the class win to the rival Jewell/Clucas JSP3 that ended up in tenth overall. Hall still bagged second in class, ahead of Ron Maydon and Craig Davies in another JSP3. In 14th overall, Andie Stokoe and David McDonald grabbed a largely unchallenged GT win from Ditting and Sowter.

The sting was in the tail, though, as hours after the race Tandy was handed a 31-second time penalty for a yellow-flag infringement, which dropped him well behind Constable in the final result. Although the Peugeot driver kept second place, Constable in the Pescarolo was declared the winner.

Masters Gentlemens Drivers (International Trophy for Classic GT Cars – Pre 66)
Thomas/Lockie claim hard-fought Masters Gentlemen Drivers victory at the Classic

Julian Thomas and Calum Lockie overcame Lockie’s elite-driver time penalty at the mandatory pitstops to win the International Trophy for Classic Pre-66 GT Cars – the eighth round of this season’s Masters Gentlemen Drivers series. Thomas handed Lockie a 13-second lead at the stops, but with his penalty, Lockie had to fight his way back past the TVR Griffiths of John Spiers and Mike Whitaker, before also passing John Davison’s Griffith and James Dodd’s E-type on the penultimate lap.

“I had a great time fighting the TVRs at the start”, said Thomas, “but the Daytona Cobra has more traction out of the corners because of the longer wheelbase.”

In his opening stint, Thomas had been chased by Davison and Whitaker all the way, soon joined by Ollie Hancock in John Spiers’ Griffith but at the pitstops all would be vaulted by Dodd, who continued to lead until he was forced to succumb to Lockie’s stunning comeback drive.

“Not really, no”, said Dodd about his chances to hold off Lockie for the win. “After he passed, I tried to stay with him, but he was just too quick.”

“I had a lot of fun with Julian at the beginning”, said Davison. “But as he said, the cars are very different in handling, and in the end I had to let him go.”

In ninth overall, Andrew Haddon completed a truly dominant drive to the CLP class win in his Lotus Elan, while the Mark Halstead/Dan Eagling Ginetta G4R proved victorious in an exciting fight for second in class with Nick & Eddie Powell’s Elan, Eagling passing Eddie Powell right at the end. In C2, Mark Holme led from start to finish in his Austin Healey 3000, while in C1, Neil Fisher’s MGB trailed Oli Webb’s Porsche 911 during his opening stint but jumped Webb’s teammate Guy Ziser at the stops to claim the class win.

A capacity grid of no less than 65 cars rolled out for the International Trophy for Classic Pre-66 GT Cars, a sight awesome to behold. Already the eighth of a busy ten-round Masters Gentlemen Drivers schedule, this relatively short 50-minute race got going with Julian Thomas hoping to storm off into the lead from the dominant pole position that he conquered in qualifying – but the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupé was jumped by John Davison’s TVR Griffith, with Mike Whitaker’s Griffith in third.

Two laps gone, and Davison stuck to his guns, but Thomas put all sorts of pressure on him. James Dodd had put his E-type up into fourth, followed by Chris Ward’s similar car, with John Pearson’s holding sixth in another E-type. Next up were the two Daytona Coupés of Roy Alderslade and Patrick Shovlin. Andy Wolfe’s AC Cobra and Jason Minshaw’s E-type completed the initial top ten.

As Thomas finally made it past into the lead, Andrew Haddon had jumped Mark Halstead for the CLP class lead, the Lotus Elan in 11th overall ahead of James Thorpe’s E-type and Halstead’s Ginetta G4R. In C2, Mark Holme led Doug Muirhead while in 35th overall in his Austin Healey 3000, In 45th overall, Oli Webb led the C1 class in the Porsche 911 shared with Guy Ziser. Meanwhile, the James Claridge/Gonçalo Gomes Lotus Elan 26R pulled off.

Ten minutes into the race, Thomas, Davison and Whitaker were still tied to a string, just two seconds between them, with Dodd and Ward also holding on to the lead group. John Pearson followed three seconds behind Ward, but on lap 4, Ollie Hancock starting John Spiers’ Griffith was past into sixth while Shovlin was into the pits with his Daytona Cobra.

On lap 5, though, Thomas had managed to make a break, now leading the two Griffiths by some five seconds. Dodd and Ward hung on, with Hancock closing in on them, but behind him Roy Alderslade had taken Pearson for seventh. Further back, Haddon was into the overall top ten with his CLP-class-leading Elan, while in 15th overall, Giles Dawson’s Elan had moved into second place in class, ahead of Scott Mansell’s similar machine. In 33rd overall, Mark Holme still led Muirhead in C2, while Oli Webb was well ahead of Neil Fisher’s MGB in C1.

As the pit window approached, Thomas’ lead had increased to nine seconds, with the chasing TVRs still nose-to-tail. In fact, Ollie Hancock had made it three chasing Griffiths, having passed both Dodd and Ward. Further back, Jason Minshaw nicked eighth from John Pearson, switching their E-types around. Meanwhile, Andy Wolfe had dropped out of the top ten – and the entire race – with a gearbox issue on his AC Cobra. Stephen Bond’s Elan was another retirement, having fallen victim of clutch issues. C1 contender Andrew Walton was meatballed for a mechanical issue on his Porsche 911.

Nick Powell and Mark Halstead were the first of the pitters, handing their respective Elan and Ginetta to their quicker teammates Eddie Powell and Dan Eagling, the latter having stuck the G4R fourth overall on the grid on Friday. At the front, though, Thomas continued unperturbed, now leading Davison by 13 seconds, but with the elite-driver pitstop penalty for teammate Calum Lockie still awaiting them, as Davison and Whitaker were in next, followed by James Dodd. Then, on lap 11, Thomas was in for the driver change with Lockie, along with Hancock coming in for Spiers.

After the pitstops had panned out, Davison, Whitaker and Spiers had all vaulted Lockie, as was expected, while Minshaw and Haddon were among the last ones in, with Chris Ward the very last one to do so. The three Griffiths were going at it hammer and tongs, however, Dodd had jumped all of them at the stops and was now in the lead!

So with 14 minutes still to go, Dodd led the three TVRs, three seconds in hand over Davison who continued to be chased by Whitaker, as he had been all race, with Spiers slowly falling into Lockie’s clutches. Richard Kent in the E-type started by Ward was sixth, ten seconds down, with Gary Pearson up next, followed by CLP class leader Haddon, Alderslade and Phil Quaife in the E-type shared with James Thorpe. In 12th, Dawson was still second in CLP, with Eddie Powell moving up into third, in 16th overall. Mark Holme continued his dominance of C2, with Nils-Fredrik Nyblaeus now in the chasing Austin Healey 3000. In C1, because of Oli Webb’s elite-driver pitstop penalty, Guy Ziser had been vaulted by Neil Fisher’s MGB.

At the front, Dodd’s lead was crumbling, Davison now just 1.3 seconds behind, while Lockie had already dealt with Spiers and Whitaker, with seven minutes remaining. On lap 18, Lockie moved into second and set off after Dodd in the lead, who now was just yards further up the road – and in fact, on the same lap, the Scot pulled it off into Copse when Dodd found himself blocked by two backmarkers. Further back, the fight for second place in the CLP class had hotted up to tropical temperatures, with Shaun Balfe’s Elan, Eddie Powell in another Elan and the fast-approaching Dan Eagling in the Ginetta all disputing 13th overall.

So as the race came to a close, Lockie took home a hard-fought win for himself and Thomas, as Dodd continued to chase the Daytona Cobra to the line, having dropped the Griffiths of Davison, Whitaker and Spiers. A long way back, Kent took sixth from Gary Pearson and Phil Quaife.

In ninth overall, Andrew Haddon bagged a comfortable CLP class win, while in 13th overall, Dan Eagling came through to claim second in class in the Ginetta G4R, passing Eddie Powell right at the end. In 27th overall, Mark Holme completed his dominant run in C2, while in 38th overall, Neil Fisher managed to keep Guy Ziser at bay for the C1 class win.

Masters GT4 (Classic Silverstone Challenge) – Race 1
Hopkins takes lights-to-flag win in first Masters GT4 Challenge race at the Classic

Starting from pole, Seb Hopkins never looked back to take a confident lights-to-flag win in the Classic’s inaugural Masters GT4 Challenge. His Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 RS CS ran out to a 7.3-second lead of Freddie Tomlinson’s Ginetta G56 GT4.

“We get along very well”, said Hopkins about his British GT4 rival. “So it’s nice to be on the podium together. It’s been a good day, and it’s nice to have this one-off event here.”

“Obviously, Silverstone is the home of British motorsport, and I’ve had a great time”, said Tomlinson. “It’s amazing to get to race at this fantastic event.”

Tomlinson was initially challenged by David Vrsecky in the Mercedes AMG GT4 but the Czech’s attack soon faded. Halfway into the race, Vrsecky’s teammate Aliyyah Koloc looked to be closing but in the end Vrsecky opened back up a 13-second gap. The best entertainment of the race was provided by Craig Wilkins in the Toyota GR Supra GT4 and the two McLaren 570S GT4s of David Foster and Danny Henrey, with Wilkins coming through to snatch fifth.

In eighth overall, Greg Evans in the Ginetta G55 Supercup caught and passed initial class leader John Dickson in the Lotus Evora to claim the Cup class win. Meanwhile, in the Classic class, Chris Griffin remained largely unchallenged in 11th overall, his Aston Martin Vantage GT4 staying well clear of Martin Addison’s similar car in 13th overall.

In the second of no less than five Masters races on the Classic’s Saturday, the inaugural Masters GT4 Challenge got going with Seb Hopkins flying away in the lead while David Vrsecky challenged Freddie Tomlinson right from the start. After the opening lap, the Porsche 718 Cayman led the Ginetta G56 by 2.9 seconds, with the Mercedes AMG GT4 six tenths behind. Vrsecky’s teammate Aliyyah Koloc was fourth, eight seconds behind after two laps, followed by Danny Henrey and David Foster in a pair of McLaren 570S GT4s, the latter demoting Cup class leader John Dickson in the Lotus Evora to seventh overall. Further back, Chris Griffin led the Classic class in 11th overall.

Three laps gone, and Hopkins’ lead had grown to 4.6 seconds, with Tomlinson having opened up a 1.3-second gap to Vrsecky. In seventh, Craig Wilkins in the Toyota GR Supra GT4 had made up a place at the cost of Dickson, and immediately took the fight to Foster’s McLaren in sixth. On the edge of the top ten, Classic competitors Griffin and Martin Addison in a similar Aston Martin Vantage GT4 were the movers and shakers, Griffin pinching tenth from Daly, with Addison moving up into 12th ahead of Stephen Walton’s AMG GT4 and Keith Frieser’s Porsche Cayman Clubsport.

On lap 5, Hopkins’ lead had stabilised to 4.7 seconds, but Vrsecky had been forced to let Tomlinson go, the Czech now trailing the Ginetta by five seconds. Koloc was a lonely fourth, with Henrey chased for fifth by Foster and Wilkins, the latter sweeping through into Vale to demote Foster to seventh. Behind them, Greg Evans in the Ginetta G55 Supercup relieved Dickson of the Cup class lead to move up into eighth overall.

At the halfway point, Hopkins looked in control in front, now 5.5 seconds away from Tomlinson. In third and fourth, Koloc was slowly reeling in teammate Vrsecky, while the fight for fifth between Foster, Henrey and Wilkins continued, the former now in fifth, ahead of the other two.

Meanwhile, with nine minutes still to go, Hopkins led imperiously, keeping Tomlinson at 5.7 seconds, while the rest of the gaps further down the field had also stabilised. The same held true with four minutes still on the clock, apart from those three fighting over fourth place, where Wilkins in the Supra seemed to have finally dealt with the McLarens of Foster and Henrey.

So now we were looking at Hopkins bringing it home, as he duly did after 14 laps, leading Tomlinson across the line by 7.3 seconds. In third, Vrsecky finished 17 seconds in arrears of the leader, with Koloc in the second Mercedes a further 13 seconds adrift. Wilkins was fifth ahead of Foster and Henrey, while Greg Evans cornered the Cup class win from John Dickson. In 11th overall, Chris Griffin took the Classic class victory ahead of Martin Addison in 13th.

Masters GT4 (Classic Silverstone Challenge) – Race 2
Tomlinson beats Hopkins in thrilling second Masters GT4 Challenge race at Silverstone

Freddie Tomlinson turned the tables on Seb Hopkins to claim a hard-fought win in the second Masters GT4 Challenge race at the Classic. Beating Hopkins off the line, the Ginetta G56 GT4 driver was put under immense pressure by Hopkins all race, but the Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 RS CS was unable to find a way past.

“It was obviously really tough to keep Seb behind all race”, said Tomlinson, “It was all about not making a mistake, and luckily I managed to get there in the end.”

“This is a really good one-off event, getting back into the rhythm for British GT”, said Hopkins. “We’ve had a long break off, Silverstone has really been a good time to get back into it.”

In two dramatic final-lap developments, Alliyyah Koloc beat Mercedes AMG GT4 teammate David Vrsecky to third, while Craig Wilkins in the Toyota GR Supra GT4 pipped David Foster’s McLaren 570S to the line to claim fifth.

“It was a really fun race, and I enjoyed the weekend”, said the young lady who finished third. “It was great fighting with the McLaren [of David Foster] first and then passing my teammate on the final lap!”

In seventh, John Dickson in the Lotus Evora hit back to beat yesterday’s Cup class winner Greg Evans in the Ginetta G55 Supercup to class victory, while in tenth overall Chris Griffin doubled up in the Classic class. On the restart after a lengthy safety-car period for Danny Henrey crashing out his 570S GT4 at Becketts and Chris Murphy beaching his Aston Martin Vantage GT4 in the gravel trap at Club, Griffin moved ahead of early class leader Martin Addison, both in Vantage GT4s.

As the GT4 cars lined up for their second Classic outing, teenager Seb Hopkins from pole lost out into the first corner to Freddie Tomlinson, with David Vrsecky in third, while David Foster pushed his way through to fourth despite some pushing and shoving with Aliyyah Koloc in the second Mercedes AMG GT4. In ninth overall, John Dickson’s Lotus Evora had pushed yesterday’s Cup class winner Greg Evans’ Ginetta G55 Supercup to second in class, while Martin Addison had got ahead of race 1 winner Chris Griffin in the Classic class.

On lap 2, Danny Henrey disappeared from sixth after his McLaren 570S GT4 crashed wildly out of Becketts, and only moments later, Chris Murphy’s Classic-class Aston Martin Vantage GT4 was seen coming to a stop in the gravel on the exit of the final corner.

At the front, Tomlinson’s Ginetta G56 GT4 continued to fend off Hopkins in the Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 RS CS, with Vrsecky’s Mercedes AMG GT4 in third, four seconds down. In their fight for fourth, Koloc had got back ahead of Foster again, but then the safety car came out after all to allow the safe retrieval of Murphy’s Aston beached at Club. On the back of Henrey’s demise, Craig Wilkins in the Toyota GR Supra GT4 had taken over sixth place, while in eighth Stephen Walton’s AMG GT4 split the two Cup rivals, Dickson in seventh and Evans in ninth.

14 minutes remained when the safety car pulled in, and as Tomlinson gunned it out of Club, Hopkins failed to be surprised and stayed glued to the Ginetta. In third, Vrsecky tried to stick with the leaders, but a gap soon developed to Koloc, while Foster and Wilkins dropped three more seconds on the second Merc. Meanwhile in tenth overall, Griffin took Addison for the Classic class lead.

All eyes, however, were on the two in front, as Hopkins continued to harry the Ginetta in the lead. Tomlinson was holding his own, though, setting fastest lap of the race on lap 9, with six minutes still on the clock, as the pair left the two Mercs behind. Further back, a full train of cars had developed behind Foster and Wilkins, also including Cup class leader Dickson, Walton and Dickson’s rival Evans. Four seconds adrift of this group, Griffin continued to lead Addison in the Classic class.

On lap 10, it was Hopkins’ turn to improve on the fastest lap of the race, but still Tomlinson wouldn’t budge, although around Luffield and Woodcote the two ran side-by-side! Vrsecky now trailed by 6.8 seconds, the Czech one second ahead of teammate Koloc but losing ground quickly. Meanwhile, Foster and Wilkins were still at it for fifth, 24 seconds down on the leaders.

Into the final minute, Hopkins was almost pushing the Ginetta forward through Maggotts, Becketts and Chapel, but into Vale and Club, Tomlinson pulled away again. On the final lap, the Ginetta went on to create some more clear air between itself and the Porsche, and so Tomlinson took a very hard-fought win ahead of Hopkins. In third, Koloc pipped Vrsecky for the final podium spot, while Wilkins performed another last-lap move to steal fifth from Foster. In seventh, Dickson completed the Cup class win, two places ahead of Evans, as Griffin held off Addison for victory in the Classic class.

Masters Pre66 Touring Cars (Adrian Flux Trophy)
Thomas/Lockie come through to win Silverstone’s Masters Pre-66 Touring Car race

Julian Thomas and Calum Lockie bagged their second Classic win of the weekend by coming through from sixth on the grid, as their Ford Falcon beat all their rivaling Ford Mustangs led by the Phil Quaife/James Thorpe example that ran first during the opening half of the 45-minute race.

“Oh, it was amazing, I truly enjoyed that!” said Lockie. “Julian’s stint was absolutely phenomenal, coming from sixth on the grid. After the stops I thought, this is going to tough with the elite-driver penalties, but I had a great fight with James, and managed to get through.”

“I just popped out of a Porsche Group C demo”, said Thomas, “so I was still feeling a bit heated!”

“I managed to get a good start and got us into the lead”, said Quaife, “and then this gentleman managed to keep his cool and got us a decent helping with second place.”

“I saw him closing in my mirrors”, said Thorpe about his attempts to hold back Lockie, “and I thought, he’s a professional, I’ll just try my best…”

A storming drive from Sean McInerney and Phil Keen earned them third place, as their Mustang passed the rival ‘stangs of Andy Priaulx/Alex Taylor, John Davison and Steve Soper/Henry Mann in the final two laps.

In the Cortina class, Neil Brown and Richard Dutton led every lap bar the final one, as in a thrilling finale Ben Clucas caught and passed Dutton in the Cortina started by Marcus Jewell. In 11th overall, Paddy Shovlin earned third in class while warring with the lead Minis. Among the Minis, the unrelated Smiths Aaron and Jeff fought tooth and nail until Aaron was hit with a drive-through penalty for a pit-window infringement, leaving Jeff out in front on his own. Fighting off many other quick Minis, Phil Bullen-Brown inherited third in class when the Mini of Tom Bell and Joe Ferguson faltered shortly after the stops.

Last but certainly not least on the Classic’s jampacked programme, the Masters Pre-66 Touring Cars went out for their 45-minute Adrian Flux Trophy race. Four Mustangs almost went side-by-side as they streamed through the complex, with Phil Quaife leading Steve Soper, John Davison and Andy Priaulx. Further into the opening lap, however, Soper took the lead while Priaulx demoted Davison to fourth. Two corners later, Julian Thomas in the first of the Falcons blasted past Davison as well, with Craig Davies’ Mustang moving up into sixth at the cost of Gary Pearson’s ‘stang, as American V8s monopolised the top ten.

Marcus Jewell in the lead Lotus Cortina had dropped to 11th and was soon pressured by Guy Smith’s example, with Paddy Shovlin two places further back. In the Minis, Smith (A.) held off Smith (J.) for the class lead, the pair battling in 16th and 17th overall.

At the front, Quaife soon got back at Soper who was fighting a tail-happy Mustang, and soon Thomas went through, the Falcon having already passed Davison and Priaulx. Davies was another man on the move, and soon found himself in fourth, harrying Soper’s ill-handling Mustang. With Quaife four seconds gone, Thomas broke away from Soper who led a Mustang train consisting of Davies, Priaulx, and Davison while Mike Whitaker Jr dropped away from the queue through a lairy spin at Copse. This allowed Dan Williamson’s Falcon into seventh, leading Pearson’s Mustang and Roger Wills in the Mercury Comet Cyclone.

Among the Cortinas, Neil Brown had pushed through into the lead, ahead of Guy Smith and Jewell and Shovlin, the latter two spectacularly mixing it with the two Smiths in the Minis. Behind Justin Law in the fifth Cortina, Tom Bell was third in the Mini class.

On lap 5, Davies finally managed to nip past Soper for third, as Neil Brown continued on his rise into the top ten, now up to ninth at the cost of Wills in the huge Mercury. Quaife’s lead over Thomas had now stabilised at four seconds, with Davies two seconds further back, leaving former WTCC touring car stars Soper and Priaulx to fight among themselves, the latter taking fourth on lap 7. Ten seconds behind those two, Williamson had moved up into sixth, passing Davison, who was now chased by Sean McInerney’s Mustang who had made it up into eighth.

In the Cortina class, Brown held ninth overall, now chased by Shovlin, who was still occupied by Aaron and Jeff Smith and their intra-Mini battle for their class lead. Tom Bell remained third in the Mini class.

20 minutes into the race, the pit window opened, and cars were streaming into the pits. Brown was the first to come in to hand over to Richard Dutton, and Shovlin, Aaron Smith and John Davison were among the early stoppers too. Further up front, Soper out-braked himself to cut the Maggotts and Becketts section, in the process re-passing Priaulx for fourth, leaving the multiple WTCC champion to do it all over again!

On lap 10, Davies lost it into Becketts, his Mustang stuck out on the grass, as Thomas came in to hand over to Lockie. Another casualty soon followed, as Joe Ferguson – who had just taken over from Tom Bell in the Mini – ground to a halt. One lap later, the leader came in to switch places with James Thorpe, while Priaulx was in to hand over to Alex Taylor. By now, almost everyone had done their stop.

After the stops had panned out, Thorpe led Lockie by three seconds, with Henry Mann in third in the Mustang started by Soper. Williamson was now fourth ahead of Alex Taylor who had been handicapped by Priaulx’s elite-driver pitstop time penalty. Davison chased Taylor for fifth, but closing on both of them was Phil Keen in Sean McInerney’s Mustang. Dutton led the Cortinas, while Aaron Smith had also made the top ten as the Mini class leader. Wills ran tenth, but Ben Clucas in the second-placed Cortina started by Jewell was flying, now ahead of Shovlin and Jeff Smith in the second Mini. In 19th overall, Phil Bullen-Brown had taken over third in the Mini class.

On lap 13, Williamson dropped out of the chase, coming into the pits with a loss of engine power, while at the front Thorpe continued to hold Lockie to 2.3 seconds. Mann was now a distant third, 14 seconds back, while Davison battled Taylor hard for fourth. Keen was seven seconds down on the pair of them but two seconds per lap quicker.

With five minutes remaining, Lockie gritted his teeth to inch closer and closer to Thorpe, while in the Cortina class things were getting tighter as well, Dutton trying to hold on to his lead, with Clucas closing at a rate of a second per lap. In the Mini class, however, a change had already taken place, as Aaron Smith was forced to hand the lead to Jeff Smith after being given a stop-and-go penalty for a pit-window infringement.

And then, on lap 16, Lockie pulled off the pass to move into the lead, as 23 seconds down on the leading pair, Taylor passed Mann for third while Davison had his eyes on Mann too, with Keen having closed the gap to the three of them. With just over a minute remaining, Keen got two in one go, and set off after Taylor… Meanwhile, the Cortina fight was far from over, Clucas now just three seconds away from Dutton.

At the head of the field, Lockie completed the final win to take his and Julian Thomas’s second Masters win of the weekend, with the Thorpe/Quaife Mustang a close second. Almost inevitably, Keen nicked third from Taylor who had to fight hard to keep Davison at bay. Mann finished sixth, while Clucas managed to steal the Cortina class win from Dutton. Wills was ninth ahead of the recovering Mike Whitaker Jr, with Paddy Shovlin taking third in the Cortina class in 11th overall. Jeff Smith cornered the Mini class win from Aaron Smith and Phil Bullen-Brown.

Masters Racing Legends for 66/85 F1 Cars (Frank Williams Memorial Trophy) – Race 1
Cantillon romps to win in first Masters Racing Legends race at Silverstone

Mike Cantillon converted pole into a controlled 5.1-second Masters Racing Legends win over Steve Hartley in the first Masters race of the Classic weekend at Silverstone, his Williams FW07C becoming an apt winner of the first Frank Williams Memorial Trophy race for 1966-’85 Formula One cars. From third on the grid, Hartley’s McLaren MP4/1 swiftly dispatched of front-row sitter Ken Tyrrell on the opening lap, but after that failed to make an impression on the Irishman. Tyrrell ran home an excellent third, his Tyrrell 011 finishing 27 seconds down on the winner.

“I knew Steve was coming for me!” said a jubilant Cantillon. “He had my pace, so it’s going to be interesting race tomorrow.”

“I tried everything, different lines, different braking points, everything, but Mike had the legs of me”, said Hartley. “But tomorrow is another day!”

“I must probably be one of the happiest third-place finishers in the history of Silverstone”, said Tyrrell. “I’m really happy to be here…”

Steve Brooks came through for a fighting fourth, passing Mark Hazell’s Williams FW07B and Jamie Constable’s Tyrrell 011 after Constable initially took the fight to Hazell. From a lowly 13th on the grid, Christophe d’Ansembourg produced a barnstorming comeback race to come away with fifth, vaulting Constable and Hazell right at the end.

In his Theodore TR1, Phil Hall claimed an emphatic pre-78 class win to end up a strong eighth overall ahead of Mark Higson’s McLaren MP4/1B, Ian Simmonds in the post-82 class-winning Tyrrell 012, Neil Glover’s Arrows A5 and Chris Perkins taking second in the pre-78 class, his Surtees TS14 finishing in 13th overall.

Kicking off the Classic’s Masters races on what was a very sunny Saturday afternoon, the Masters Racing Legends went out on track just after 1pm, the Frank Williams Memorial Trophy field led around by the polesitting Williams FW07C of Mike Cantillon. The Irishman ran away, but Ken Tyrrell in the Tyrrell 011 was pressured immediately by Steve Hartley’s McLaren MP4/1 for second place, who passed his rival into Stowe. Hazell, Brooks and Constable were up next, followed by Higson, Harrison and pre-78 class leader Phil Hall in the Theodore TR1. At the back, Arthur Bruckner jumped the start in his Arrows A6, but he soon dropped behind the other cars again.

A storming two opening laps took Cantillon to a lead of 3.7 seconds over Hartley, while further down the road Jamie Constable’s Tyrrell 011 took Steve Brooks’ Lotus 91 at the end of the Hangar Straight. Christophe d’Ansembourg, meanwhile, was recovering from his lowly 13th starting spot, the Belgian now up to eighth in his Williams FW07C. In ninth, overall, Hall still led the pre-78 cars, well ahead of Ewen Sergison’s Shadow DN9A in 12th overall.

On lap 3, Mark Higson’s McLaren MP4/1B was d’Ansembourg’s next victim, as the Belgian was now up into seventh, but trailing Steve Brooks by six seconds. Outside the top ten, Chris Perkins in the Surtees TS14 passed Mark Dwyer’s Osella FA1D for 13th overall, but remained third in the pre-78 class.

Four laps gone, and Hartley began to nibble away at Cantillon’s lead, ‘The Jam Baron’ bringing his rival’s lead down to 2.9 seconds, as Tyrrell dropped away to a 7-second disadvantage to Hartley. The American in turn had six seconds in hand on Hazell who was chased hard by Constable and Brooks. D’Ansembourg trailed that trio by 12 seconds, having made a mistake, while Phil Hall hauled his pre-78-class-leading Theodore TR1 up into eighth overall, at the cost of Higson’s McLaren MP4/1B. Ten seconds further back, Neil Glover in the Arrows A5 was tenth ahead of Chris Perkins’ Surtees TS14 and Mark Harrison’s Shadow DN9.

With eight minutes remaining on the clock, Constable moved up another place, this time demoting Hazell, but Cantillon maintained a 2.9-second lead on lap 6. In 12th overall, Ian Simmonds was on a charge, his Tyrrell 012 having passed Harrison’s Shadow. In front of those two, Chris Perkins was 11th and in second place in the pre-78 class, Ewen Sergison having dropped to 14th overall, as his DN9A was beginning to lose pace.

On lap 7, Hazell lost another place, as Brooks moved up into fifth to immediately challenge Constable – the Spitfire pilot tried at Copse but went wide and was forced to tuck in behind. He wasn’t done, though, as into Abbey, Brooks dove inside the Tyrrell to go from sixth to fourth in the space of one lap.

At the front, the leaders were starting to lap Bruckner’s Arrows, Alejandro Chahwan in the March 811 and Michael Fitzgerald’s Minardi M185, as Sergison pulled off to retire his ailing Shadow. Cantillon seemed more apt in passing the backmarkers, and the Irishman pulled out a 5.1-second lead over Hartley in the process, now making fully sure of victory. After 11 dominant laps, Cantillon crossed the line in first, from Hartley in second place, while Tyrrell took third, 27 seconds down on the winner.

Brooks took fourth, having almost caught Tyrrell, as d’Ansembourg snatched fifth from Constable on the final lap. After a pair of errors, Hazell came home in a distant seventh, ahead of emphatic pre-78 class winner Phil Hall. Higson was ninth ahead of Simmonds, Harrison and Glover, while in 13th overall, Perkins took second in the pre-78 class.

Masters Racing Legends for 66/85 F1 Cars (Frank Williams Memorial Trophy) – Race 2
Cantillon doubles up at the Classic with second Masters Racing Legends win

Mike Cantillon made it two from two by also claiming victory in the second Masters Racing Legends race at the Classic, as his Williams FW07C aptly produced two wins in honour of Sir Frank Williams who was remembered in both Frank Williams Memorial Trophy races. From the reversed grid for Saturday’s top six, the Irishman needed four laps to power to the front, after which he managed a useful lead over Jamie Constable’s Tyrrell 011. Cantillon was presented the winner’s trophy by Jonathan and Jamie, the sons of Frank Williams.

“That was fun!” said a delighted Cantillon. “It must have been great for the spectators too – lots of things happening! I can’t believe I’ve won both races, actually, and I’m super pleased to have received the trophy from the Williams boys…”

“I’m really happy”, said Constable. “We have totally rebuilt the car, and yesterday were the first miles I’ve done in it! I felt really competitive today, and it was good to race Mike. I’ve raced him for 20 years, you know – we both started in Caterhams, and here we are!”

In third, Ken Tyrrell made it two Denim-liveried Tyrrell 011s on the podium as the American saw a late challenge from Steve Brooks in the Lotus 91 end prematurely when the latter spun on the final lap. Brooks still salvaged fourth, helped by the fact that his rivals Steve Hartley (McLaren MP4/1) and Christophe d’Ansembourg (Williams FW07C) also produced spins that each cost them some ten seconds. Polesitter Mark Hazell (Williams FW07B) defended bravely early on, but dropped back to seventh in the end, ahead of post-82 class winner Ian Simmonds in the Benetton-sponsored Tyrrell 012.

“This was a more exciting day than yesterday”, said Tyrrell. “Yesterday, all the action happened in front of me and behind me, but today I was in the middle of it! I was pushing hard for second place, but I’m very happy with two thirds at Silverstone – can’t complain about that.”

Phil Hall looked odds-on favourite for the pre-78 win but when his Theodore TR1 faltered halfway into the race, Ewen Sergison was there to pick up the pieces and claim the class win in his ex-Regazzoni Shadow DN9A.

As on Saturday, the Masters Racing Legends kicked off the day’s Masters proceedings, with nineteen 1966-’85 Formula One cars lining up for their second Frank Williams Memorial Trophy race of the Classic weekend. From the reversed grid for Saturday’s top six, Mark Hazell – aptly in a Williams FW07B – led away from Jamie Constable in the Tyrrell 011, Steve Brooks in the Lotus 91, Ken Tyrrell in the other Denim-liveried 011 and arguably the two pre-race favourites, Steve Hartley (McLaren MP4/1) and Mike Cantillon (Williams FW07C), with Christophe d’Ansembourg’s similar FW07C up next from Saturday’s pre-78 class winner Phil Hall in the Theodore TR1 that in the hands of Keke Rosberg proved to be a giant-slayer in the 1978 International Trophy right here at this very track.

Constable immediately put pressure on the leader, as Cantillon made up a spot on Hartley to re-create their order from the previous day. Hazell held on for the opening lap, but Cantillon made up another place out of Club corner, demoting Tyrrell to fifth. At the end of the Wellington straight, however, Constable outbraked Hazell, after which Brooks and Cantillon sneaked through as well out of Brooklands. At the back, Charlie Kennedy was forced to retire his high-airbox Surtees TS16.

Into lap 3, Cantillon made it past Brooks, while further back d’Ansembourg nicked sixth from Hartley. Before the end of the lap, Cantillon was back where he ended the day before – in the lead – as Hazell was passed by both d’Ansembourg and Hartley to drop down to seventh. In eighth, Hall easily led the pre-78 class as his nearest rival Ewen Sergison (Shadow DN9A) was down in 16th.

At the front, Cantillon put 1.6 seconds in between himself and Constable as the fifth lap got underway. Four seconds further back, Tyrrell moved into third at the cost of Brooks while Hartley still harried d’Ansembourg for fifth. Having lost some pace, Hazell was left behind by six seconds, but still had eight seconds in hand over Hall, who was chased by Ian Simmonds in the post-82 class-leading Tyrrell 012, with Mark Harrison’s Shadow DN9 and Neil Glover’s Arrows A5 further back.

Halfway into the race, Cantillon began to settle into his lead, slowly expanding it to 2.8 seconds, while Tyrrell put a similar margin between himself and Brooks in fourth. D’Ansembourg and Hartley were still at it hammer and tongs, Hartley passing the Williams into the complex, after which the Belgian spun and did a 360 out of Luffield. On the next lap, though, Hartley spun round on the same spot! The McLaren still managed to hold on fifth. Someone not holding on to his spot was Phil Hall, however, the pre-78 class leader grinding to a halt at Abbey, in the process handing the class lead to Sergison.

With five minutes remaining, Cantillon maintained his 2.8-second cushion to Constable, who now faced a fast-approaching Ken Tyrrell, with Brooks keeping those two very much in sight as well. Due to their spins, Hartley and d’Ansembourg faced 10-second gaps to their rivals in front, with Hazell now closing on the Belgian. Simmonds was eighth, with Glover and Mark Higson in the McLaren MP4/1B having passed Harrison for ninth and tenth. Pre-78 class leader Sergison was now 12th overall, leading Paul Tattersall’s Ensign N179. From the back, Michael Fitzgerald’s Minardi M185 and Mark Dwyer’s Osella FA1D were forced to retire from the race within a short frame of time, the Osella stuck in gear.

As the clock wound down, Cantillon drove home his second win of a successful Classic weekend. Constable had been left behind by 3.9 seconds, while Tyrrell had to give up his chase of the other 011 and saw Brooks closing rapidly but his podium finish was saved when the Lotus spun round at Brooklands. Brooks hung on to fourth from Hartley, d’Ansembourg and Hazell, with Ian Simmonds taking the post-82 class win in eighth. Glover and Higson completed the top ten while Ewen Sergison bagged the pre-78 class victory in 12th overall.

Masters Sports Car Legends (Yokohama Trophy)
Bradshaw’s ailing Chevron still wins Masters Sports Cars Legends thriller at Silverstone

It was a pole-to-win race for Tom Bradshaw, but that doesn’t tell the whole story of a very exciting Yokohama Trophy for Masters Sports Car Legends race at the Classic. Bradshaw survived an oil leak and a collapsed left front suspension to his Chevron B19 to bring home an emotional win. Bradshaw had to fight Alex Brundle around Silverstone all the way but was left in the clear when the WEC and ELMS star’s Lola T70 Mk3B also developed a major oil leak towards the end.

“I think we were 15 laps in, and I saw the smoke coming out of the rear, and I thought, that’s it”, said Bradshaw. “But I kept an eye on the oil gauge, and it looked alright. And then at the end to finish the race on three tyres… I was praying that I was on the final lap! This was the luckiest win I’ve ever had…”

In an attritional race, James Claridge and Gonçalo Gomes came through to take second in their Chevron B23, Gomes holding off Simon Hadfield in the Lola T70 Mk3B that was started by Chris Beighton. Nick Padmore ended up fourth in his Chevron B21, ahead of a Dean Forward/Jamie Thwaites Lola T70 Mk3B that made up many places to grab fifth place. Soon after a safety-car period coinciding with the pit window, the race lost two likely podium challengers in the Diogo Ferrão/Martin Stretton Lola T292 and the Steve Brooks/Martin O’Connell T70 Mk3B. Ferrão briefly ran second to Bradshaw before Brundle took over the chase.

“It was an exciting race, and we were there at the end!” said a delighted Claridge.

“Congratulations to Tom, he really deserved it”, said Gomes. “It wouldn’t have been fair if we had taken win from him.”

“We were struggling initially”, said Hadfield, “but the race came back to us after the safety car.”

Stephen Nuttall led the Bonnier class but when his Chevron B8 ended up in the gravel – causing that safety-car period – the Julian Thomas/Calum Lockie took over to win the class while taking tenth overall. In the pre-66 Hulme class, John Spiers and Ollie Hancock made no prisoners on their way to 14th overall. Peter Hallford and Phil Keen won the Pescarolo class in 19th overall.

Closing the curtain on an exciting first race day at the Classic, the 36-car Masters Sports Car Legends field blasted away for their 6.15pm start. Tom Bradshaw stormed off from pole, the youngster in the Chevron B19 immediately opening up a two-second gap over Diogo Ferrão in the Lola T292. For the moment, Jonathan Mitchell in the second B19 remained in third, but Alex Brundle was already up into fourth, and on lap 2 claimed third in the Lola T70 Mk3B. Behind them, another T70 vs B19 fight ensued between Steve Brooks and Henry Fletcher, with Nick Padmore in the Chevron B21 and Michael Gans in the Lola T290 also having a look.

In the Bonnier class, Steven Nuttall led the fight between Christian Pittard and Julian Thomas’ similar Chevron B8, the cars circulating in 18th, 19th and 20th overall, while in 21st overall, John Spiers led the Hulme class in the McLaren M1B that would later be taken over by Ollie Hancock.

While Alex Brundle also dealt with Ferrão in second, Bradshaw had made a seven-second break while also setting faster laptimes than the younger Brundle. Further back, Fletcher had dropped places to Gans, Nick Sleep in the non-B T70 Mk3 and Chris Beighton in another T70 Mk3B.

Some 15 minutes into the race, Bradshaw led Brundle by eight seconds, with Ferrão two more seconds in arrears, the Portuguese driver still fighting hard with Mitchell. 11 seconds further down the road, Brooks was fifth ahead of Padmore and Gans, while coming from the back, Dean Forward had made excellent progress, his T70 Mk3B passing James Claridge’s Chevron B23, Beighton’s similar Lola and Sleep’s T70 in quick succession.

But then – drama, when Bradshaw’s B19 was seen smoking heavily in corners but still doing the laptimes. Would the car that has been vulnerable before make it to the end? Remarkably so, the smoke began to disappear when Bradshaw went into lap 8. Further back, Forward was moving forward at a rapid rate, now also passing Gans for seventh. Also coming through was Timothy De Silva, now ninth in the unique Taydec Mk3.

As the stops approached, Nuttall continued to lead the Bonnier class from Thomas and Pittard, while in the Hulme class, Spiers had lots of time in hand over Ewen Sergison’s Lola T70 Mk2 Spyder and Chris Jolly in the Cooper Monaco T61M. The pit window opening, Brundle was the first one in, and he was joined by Pescarolo class leader Peter Hallford, the Canadian handing over his Corvette to Phil Keen.

Then, on lap 11, just as Bradshaw came into the pits, the safety car was out as the Bonnier-class-leading Chevron B8 of Stephen Nuttall had ended up in the gravel and needed to be pushed out by the marshals. Now, everyone else was in, profiting from the situation. The caution period changed the entire complexion of the race. Gary Culver now suddenly led the race, but his T70 Mk3B had not made his stop yet and was due to miss the pit window, with Bradshaw, Martin Stretton in the Ferrão Lola T292 and Brundle. Next up were Martin O’Connell in Steve Brooks’ T70 Mk3B, Gans, Jamie Thwaites in the T70 Mk3B started by Dean Forward, De Silva, Padmore and Gomes.

After the safety car disappeared and Culver tailed off into the pits, Bradshaw resumed in the lead, chased by Pearson, but Gans and Thwaites moved up places, as both Stretton and O’Connell retired to the pits! Gomes was fifth ahead of De Silva, but Simon Hadfield in the T70 Mk3B started by Beighton sniffed a podium, having hauled the orange car up into seventh, and closing on De Silva and Thwaites fast.

With ten minutes to go, the finely poised fight between Bradshaw and Brundle continued, the pair now separated by five seconds. Gomes made his way up to third, but Hadfield had his eyes on the final podium spot, both having cleared De Silva and Thwaites, while Padmore had passed the latter for sixth.

In the Bonnier class, Calum Lockie in 11th overall had taken over the lead vacated by the hapless Nuttall, with the Dominik & Simon Jackson B8 now in second, but chased by Darren Burke in the Chevron started by Pittard. In the Hulme class, Ollie Hancock continued John Spiers’ dominance of the class in their McLaren M1B.

On lap 18, the drama was now with Brundle, as his Lola began smoking too. And right after that smoke was spotted, Bradshaw’s smoke also reappeared… Brundle’s smoke, however, was so heavy that he was given the meatball flag. Behind the two smoking cars in the lead, Gomes and Hadfield still warred over third, 22 seconds down, while Padmore had also passed Thwaites to now run fifth. Two places further back, Fletcher retired to allow Gans and Alex Montgomery in Sleep’s T70 Mk3 to move up.

Two more minutes remained, and the question was whether the two ailing cars up front would hold to the end. In Brundle’s case, the answer was no – with just one more lap to go, the WEC and ELMS driver decided to bring the car into the pits. Bradshaw was struggling too, as now his left front suspension seemed to have collapsed… Coasting across the line, the Chevron still made it, Bradshaw throwing his fist in the air as he took the chequered flag. Gomes held off Hadfield to make it a Chevron 1-2, 16 seconds down on the stricken winner, with Padmore in fourth ahead of Thwaites, Montgomery, Gans, De Silva and Robert Shaw’s Chevron B19.

In tenth overall, Calum Lockie took the Bonnier class win ahead of the Jacksons’ B8, with the Pittard/Burke example taking third in class. Phil Keen hauled the Pescarolo-class-winning Corvette up to 19th overall, while in 14th overall, John Spiers and Ollie Hancock sealed the Hulme class win from Ewen Sergison’s T70 Mk2 and the Chris Jolly/Steve Farthing Cooper Monaco.